This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. The opinions and text are all mine. I received free samples of products from Wet Ones®. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Inc. and its advertiser. #BTSWithWetOnes #CollectiveBias
As a mom, there is a definite bag transition that takes place over the years. During pregnancy, you get to carry a cute little purse, something you just love and spent a ton of money on. Then the baby comes and you’re carrying around a diaper bag. Maybe it’s a traditional shoulder bag, or you’ve gone for a more “modern” backpack because babies, well, need a lot of stuff. Then as the kids get older, you start to envision the day you can carry that cute little number around again. It’s not until they hit the “hands are always a mess” stage that you realize it’s not practical and you might as well find something that is.
Introducing, the Mom Bag.
I knew that when Wet Ones® Hand Wipes sent me some products to try out that I could show you how to pack your own Mom Bag and how the transition to one is not so bad.
Packing Your Mom Bag
Your bag will go everywhere you go – to school, to the park, to the store, so you need something that works with your lifestyle. Naturally, the first order of business is finding the right bag. You could go for a tote style, a cross-body, a small backpack, or like mine – a small one-shoulder backpack. It’s still cute, too! I didn’t want to sacrifice ALL of my style so it’s serves both as a cute bag and a functional bag with multiple pockets.
Now let’s talk contents. Since my kids are 12, 6 and 5 we usually have an assortment of things and things are added and removed all the time based on their interests and even where we are going. Depending on your schedule, you will need to pack accordingly. Quiet items for things like school performances and parent-teacher conferences, maybe bubbles and coloring supplies for sports practices. Some examples of ways to pack your Mom Bag are:
- Your bag should contain anything that’s necessary for bathroom visits. Whether that’s extra training pants, extra underwear, even extra shorts/pants.
- Wet Ones® Hand Wipes travel packs are absolutely necessary, possibly even mandatory because of the convenience of cleaning up dirty hands after using the bathroom, before eating, and after playing with all the toys in the toy section.
- Cash for vending machines and quick gas station visits. A few dollars can SAVE you if you need snacks or a bottle of water when out and about.
- Small notebook and crayons. You can even throw in a small pack of stickers because when combined, these are a great distraction in waiting rooms, traffic, etc.
- Plastic zipper bag. Remember the extra underwear? Well, you’ll need a place for the dirty ones. Enough said.
- Snacks. Because what IS a bag without a supply of snacks? Make up some little baggies of snacks and throw a few in, you never know when the “I’m hungry” cries will start.
- Wet Ones® because you are still in the “must touch everything” phase and if going to the park or anywhere there is dirt, you know that a child’s hands are dirt magnets.
- Something to keep them busy. Maybe it’s coloring stuff, or a handheld electronic, whatever they are into at the moment you can stick in the bag for those times you need to keep them busy.
- An extra charging cable for your phone/their phone, car adapter if you need one, or a portable battery pack. At this point, they should be able to remember this stuff on their own but us moms know better!
- Wet Ones® because they are too busy with their phones and too busy ignoring us to care to keep their hands clean after opening doors, getting ready to eat, etc.
- Money. Yours, theirs, it doesn’t matter. You’ll be asked for money so if it fits your parenting style, stash a few bucks in your bag.
- Sunglasses for all
- Chewing gum or hard candy to keep them from talking to you too much. Wait, these are tweens/preteens we’re talking about – they already aren’t talking to you! ;-)
As you can see, at any stage Wet Ones® Hand Wipes are a great idea. I know with back to school season I will have a travel pack in mine so when I get to the school for pick-up everyone can wipe their hands clean before we head home! With this fully-stocked bag, you’ll be prepared for any parent-teacher conference, school play, or after-school sports practice. It’s tough having one kid at practice and trying to entertain siblings, so be prepared with your Mom Bag!
You can find great savings on Wet Ones® with this Ibotta offer.
On the Specially Marked Wet Ones® Hand Wipes canisters (40 ct.) and travel packs (20 ct.), you can enter the “I Wish I Had a Trip to Universal Orlando” sweepstakes for the chance to win a 3-night trip for FOUR to Universal Orlando Resort™ that includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
- Admission to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme parks, plus the all-new Universal’s Volcano Bay™ water theme park (now open!)
- Accommodations on-site at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
- Tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort™
This “Wish I Had a Trip to Universal Orlando” sweepstakes is sponsored by Wet Ones®. You can enter daily on the sweepstakes microsite page. No purchase necessary to enter, ends 11:59:59 AM ET 10/31/17 (50 US/DC). Must be 18+ to enter (19+ in AL & NE). For full rules, please visit here.
TRANSFORMERS and its logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. © 2017 DreamWorks LLC and Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Shrek 4-D © 2017 DreamWorks Animation LLC. All Rights Reserved. Sapphire Falls Resort TM & © 2017 UCF Hotel Venture III. All Rights Reserved. © 2017 BMP. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes open to individual, legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, 18 or older (19 or older in AL & NE). Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 PM ET on 7/15/17 and ends 11:59:59 AM ET 10/31/17. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Subject to Official Rules available at www.wetonesgetaway.com. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by: Edgewell Personal Care Brands, LLC, 6 Research Dr., Shelton, CT 06484. Hasbro, Dreamworks LLC, Paramount Pictures Corporation, and Universal are not sponsors of this sweepstakes nor are they responsible for its administration.