I have a lot of friends that seem to be having babies lately and with the arrival of new life, everyone starts to think of different meals they can bless the family with. Same with unfortunate losses, or just as a busy family that would like a freezer meal to have on hand. This quick pasta bake is great as a freezer meal and can easily be prepared and then refrigerated, to be delivered to a family in need and baked upon their convenience.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Noodles
- 1 Package Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Jar Spaghetti or Marinara Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- If baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- Cook noodles as directed on package and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with some oil and the garlic. Add in onion and chili powder and incorporate thoroughly.
- Drain meat and add the jar of spaghetti sauce and mix in.
- Layer noodles and meat mixture twice. Lay the cheese slices and shredded cheese on the top.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top for a crunch!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly on top. Broil for 5-10 minutes to brown breadcrumbs (watch this though, the broiler can quickly burn the top layer if you're not paying attention).
If you are preparing this dish to give away, you can write the baking instructions on a piece of paper or print out the recipe and give it to them. :)