I love Mexican foods and this Homemade Tortilla Soup fits the bill while also fitting in nicely with other fall/winter dishes. It tastes amazing and warms you up as well. This dish can hang out in the crock pot all day or you can make it in about an hour.
If you are needing this soup in about an hour, just cook it up in a pot on the stove!
- 3 Chicken Breasts, Cut in small strips
- 2 Large Cans/Boxes of Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Long-Grain Rice
- 1 Can of Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Small Can of Corn, Drained
- 2 Packets of Taco Seasoning
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Zucchini, Chopped
- Cook the chicken in a skillet with some butter.
- Place the vegetables, seasoning, rice, and chicken broth in the crock pot (set aside the zucchini). Add in the chicken once cooked.
- Let it cook on low for 3-4 hours, add in the zucchini about 30 minutes prior to serving.