It’s quick and easy to make your own homemade taco seasoning mix – and it makes a great gift, too! Tacos and nachos are a favorite in our house, and I get tired of remembering to buy those little seasoning packets. With this recipe, I can make it and keep it with the rest of our spices. I also control the ingredients and salt content!
When I make tacos or nachos, I brown the meat and add in a can or two of black beans (drained and rinsed), then quite a bit of seasoning. It smells amazing and gives it such a great flavor!
- 4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the spices using a whisk. Using a funnel, pour the spices into a small canning jar or glass spice jar or a bowl with lid.
- Tip: Use about 2 tablespoons per pound of meat (or adjust to your tastes).
- (Makes a little more than a half cup)