It’s super simple and inexpensive to make these Peppermint Bark Pretzel Rods! These are a perfect addition to your holiday baking and candy making. They are so easy to make they are a great activity to include the kids in, set up a “dipping” station and watch how much fun they have! Use milk, dark, and white in any combination to create your perfect treat. Make a double batch and make sure you keep some for yourself!
- 8 oz. Chocolate chips or bakers chocolate
- 2 oz. white chocolate chips or bakers chocolate
- 1/4- 1/2 cup crushed peppermints
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- [img src="http://momentswithmandi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/DSC03399.jpg"]
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl for 20-30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract to combine.
- Dip pretzel rods about 2/3 of the way into chocolate, if needed use a spoon to smooth chocolate over pretzel rod to coat.
- While chocolate is still warm dip in plate of crushed peppermints, or sprinkle peppermints over chocolate dipped pretzels.
- Lay pretzels on wax paper, allow chocolate to set.
- Melt white chocolate the same as the milk, 20-30 second intervals in microwave, stirring each time.
- Use a fork, dip in melted white chocolate,and drizzle over top of peppermint coated pretzel rods.
- Let white chocolate set and store in an airtight container.