I have partnered with The Women Bloggers and the Kendal King Group on behalf of their client to bring you this recipe and review. All opinions are my own. #ad
Have you ever thought about making your own donuts at home? There’s something really fun about getting creative in the kitchen, trying new ingredients and make a unique flavor of donuts you probably won’t find at a local donut shop. What makes these donuts so unique though, are the “secret” ingredients. It’s pretty amazing what you can do with some “meant for babies” grocery items and make a dish for everyone in the family!
If you have kids, you know they have some pretty tasty items in the baby food aisle.
Don’t lie, you’ve totally tried them.
But did you ever think about how you could use some of those same items in other ways? How you could use Gerber® Lil Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry cereal to make something like these Strawberry Cinnamon No Bake Bites? Or how Gerber® cereal could be used in Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles?! I know that I would use vegetable pureed baby foods in things like meatloaf and meatballs for added flavor and vitamins. The fruit purees are gret mixed into a bowl of yogurt too!
Given the task of taking some Gerber® products and creating a unique recipe, I jumped at the chance to use my donut pan. It doesn’t get used enough (and that’s something I’m changing starting right now, totally going to go donut crazy overe here) and is such a fun kitchen tool.
These Homemade Glazed Peach Donuts are a great introduction to using Gerber® products in a fun and unique way, and an easy recipe for your first time making donuts!
I also found that having a kid in the kitchen was a great way to spend some time together and have an extra set of hands! She loved helping when it was time to transfer the batter to the bag!
Are you curious about the “secret” ingredients used in this recipe? They aren’t exotic by any means, and you can find them in most stores. You just to venture back down the baby food aisle at Walmart and take a look at all of the Gerber® products available! Be sure to check out these varieties of Gerber® cereal: Oatmeal Cereal Single-Grain, Multigran Cereal, Oatmeal and Banana Cereal, and Lil’ Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry!
Easy glazed peach donuts with a couple of secret ingredients you wouldn't expect!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 oz Gerber Yogurt Blends, Peach
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- For the glaze
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons Milk
- Gerber 1st Foods, Peaches (about half of one container)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine all of your ingredients together.
- Using a large storage bag, spoon the donut batter into the bag, seal closed and cut one corner with scissors.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Using the bagged dough, fill each donut half way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and pureed peaches until smooth. You can adjust the consistency by adding more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze. I stuck this into the fridge while the donuts cooled. It will not harden like a glaze made without the baby food, but for older eaters, they can dip their donut into a little dish of the glaze or let them get messy and glaze the donuts once completely cooled.
How would you like to win $50 to spend however you’d like? Enter below! #CookingWithGerberGiveaway