Oh the memories. Who doesn’t remember their mom bringing home the groceries and pulling that slim box from the bag and trying to quickly hide it because she just knew they’d be gone quickly? Copycat Cosmic Brownies were (and still are) amazing. Probably my favorite treat as a kid. Those little candy bits on top were so good. I know I used to eat the brownies weird – I’d bite off the little candy bits first and then finish the brownie part last. Weird, I know.
I don’t think she sent them to school with us often, they were usually an after school or dinner treat when she didn’t bake something homemade. No complaints though from anyone!
Now, instead of venturing down that dangerous snack cake aisle, anyone can make the same Cosmic Brownies at home! They are easy to make and will definitely take you back to your childhood!
What nostalgic treat do you wish you could recreate at home?
- 1 ½ Sticks Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teas. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Flour
- 8 oz. Semisweet Chocolate
- ¼ - ½ Cup Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the Butter, Sugar and Brown sugar.
- Add in the Eggs, ¼ Cup Heavy cream and Vanilla, stir until combined.
- Add in the Cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Add the flour 1/3 at a time stirring between each addition.
- Put the batter in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper and bake at 350? until a tooth pick comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a microwaveable bowl combine the Chocolate and ½ Cup Heavy cream. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals stirring after each until the Chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over the brownie in the pan and smooth to the edges.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from the pan and cut into desired sizes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.