These Cookie Monster Cupcakes are an adorable and easy way to celebrate a birthday for that Cookie Monster fan in your life! You do not need to be an expert cake decorater to make these, and they use simple ingredients we all can easily find!
Be sure to check out my Elmo cupcakes, too! You could make both for a cute Sesame Street birthday party!
If you are planning a 1st birthday, look at these adorable decorations and party supplies I found! Seriously, they have just about everything you need for a good time and these cupcakes pair perfectly!
Let’s get ready to make some cupcakes and take them from boring to Cookie Monster awesome!
- 1 Box of Cake Mix
- 1 Container White Whipped Icing
- Blue Food Coloring
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare the boxed cake mix and bake as cupcakes for the time specified on the box.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix the container of icing and blue food coloring together in a bowl. Use as much or as little food coloring as you want to get the color of blue you're looking for. We used about 20 drops to get this darker blue. Gel coloring is another option, and you would need to use far less of that if you have it handy.
- Once your cupcakes have been removed and are cooled completely, begin icing them with the blue icing.
- Place two large marshmallows at the top of the cupcake for Cookie Monster's eyes.
- Press two chocolate chips into the tops of the marshmallows on the cupcake to form the pupils for his eyes, and one additional chocolate chip in the center of the cupcake for a nose.
- Break a chocolate chip cookie in half and press it into the bottom of the cupcake as if Cookie Monster were eating it.