Cookies! Sugar cookies! Toffee sugar cookies! Oh these are begging to be dunked into some milk and to enjoy after the kids are tucked into bed. This recipe will make about 3 dozen cookies, so plenty to stash away!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups health toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a mixer or handheld mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Using a plastic spatula, fold in the toffee bits.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and bake for 9 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Let me know if you make these! I’m posting these on a Monday, so hopefully if you’re day is off to a rough start, you can bake these up and have a treat to turn things around. We have more snow and ice headed our way, so the warmth from the oven will be enjoyed as well as the softness of a yummy cokie (or three, I told you, it’s Monday!)