The winter weather of freezing cold and snow is sticking around far too long, and it’s causing a lot of cabin fever. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to break out of the warm, cozy house and hit the sidewalks for a walk! I’m ready to bring out the bubbles and kick balls and have some fun outside. While we are stuck inside, trying to stay warm, the Hasbro Game Channel on our XBox One has been a lifesaver.
With the Hasbro Game Channel, you don’t even have to leave your house to buy a game disc – you download the game right onto your console’s storage space. This is great when the weather is rough, but also for those last-minute, “Hey, let’s play ____!” moments!
The perfect game for those long winter days, is of course the best strategy game around – RISK. Of course, you really have to have an understanding of the games rules, and a passion for world domination to want to play for hours… but with the right combination of good company and good food, playing RISK on the Hasbro Game Channel for hours is definitely possible!
If you’ve ever played Risk before, you know that you can either take the game seriously or play just for fun. For many hardcore fans, they take this game VERY seriously. I have heard of people playing the original board game for HOURS, leaving it all set up overnight and returning the next day! I can’t imagine playing for very long without getting hungry, and unfortunately, the Hasbro Game Channel doesn’t automatically download snacks with the game.
To help you make the most of your play time, I’ve rounded up some crazy delicious game night eats that range from sweet and snacky, to meaty and filling that you can enjoy with your family while Risk’ing it all!
1. Nutella Muddy Buddies: http://www.motherhooddefined.com/nutella-muddy-buddies/
2. Loaded Taco Fries: http://www.thetaylor-house.com/loaded-taco-fries-oreidamom/
3. Chocolate Nut Clusters: http://www.tobethode.com/chocolate-nut-clusters-chocolate-recipes/
4. Nutella Pinwheels: http://www.thatchicmom.com/2014/01/easy-nutella-pinwheels-kids-snack/
5. S’more Snack Mix: http://thriftydiydiva.com/quick-easy-smore-snack-mix-teddy-grahams/
6. Stuffed Italian Bread: http://crazyadventuresinparenting.com/2013/06/stuffed-italian-bread-recipe-with-pizza-toppings.html
7. Corn Dog Muffins: http://momentswithmandi.com/corn-dog-muffins-recipe/
8. Hot Fudge Malt Dip: http://www.crumbsandchaos.net/2014/05/hot-fudge-malt-dip/
9. BBQ Chicken Pizza: http://www.bakingbeauty.net/bbq-chicken-pizza-recipe/
10. Crock Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa: http://www.tammileetips.com/2013/11/crock-pot-bourbon-glazed-kielbasa-bites/
11. Pull Apart Pizza Bread: http://thethriftycouple.com/2014/04/04/pull-apart-pizza-bread-recipe-including-healthier-and-gluten-free-variations/
12. PB and Nutella Puppy Chow: http://www.inthekitchenwithjenny.com/2013/07/pb-and-nutella-puppy-chow.html
13. Homemade Pita Chips: http://thriftyjinxy.com/recipe-make-your-own-homemade-pita-chips/
14. Cranberry Chili Meatballs: http://www.thatchicmom.com/2014/10/cranberry-chili-meatballs-recipe/
15. Popcorn Mix In ideas: http://www.thatchicmom.com/2014/10/cranberry-chili-meatballs-recipe/
16. Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzel Bites: http://www.babylovingmama.com/2014/01/cinnamon-sugar-pretzel-nuggets-quick-sweet-and-salty-snack.html
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.