Sometimes you just want a single cookie, a special treat just for one. Using ingredients you already have, you can make this easy Sugar Cookie in a Jar recipe for yourself any time! Use your favorite sprinkles to dress it up (and think about the seasonal possibilities!) and grab a spoon!
If you like to get little ones in the kitchen, this would be a great recipe for them to try! They’ll love mixing their own dough together and seeing it go from dough to cookie. And of course, they’ll love to add their own sprinkles on top! These “jar gifts” are great for neighbors, coworkers, teachers, etc.
- 1 Small Jar or Mug
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp flour
- Favorite sprinkles
- Place a tablespoon of butter in a small jar or mug and place it in the microwave to melt for about 30 seconds.
- Once melted, mix in the sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- Separate a yolk from one egg and add it to your jar. Mix well.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of flour into your batter.
- Place your jar back into the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Top with your favorite colored sprinkles and serve.
I would be totally tempted to add a big dollop of frosting and then the sprinkles, so go crazy with it!