These cupcakes are perfect, PERFECT, for a princess birthday party. They are super easy to decorate and so girly and princessy! You can find many of the mentioned cupcake liners, sprinkles and edible glitter either online or in the baking section of a craft store. I have seen all sorts of fun cake decorating items lately, so allow yourself to have some fun! If you’re planning a princess party (birthday? tea party?), add these cupcakes to your menu!
You could even bake the cupcakes and let party guests decorate their very own princess cupcake! Set out an assortment of colored frostings, sprinkles, glitters and candies for a cupcake decorating party!
Pink and Purple Swirl Princess Cupcakes
- 1 White cake box mix
- Food Coloring
- Candy Pearls
- Pink and Purple Cupcake liners
- Your Favorite frosting recipe or a store bought can
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Mix your cake box mix as directed on the box itself
- Seperate into two bowls
- Just put one or two red drops of food coloring in one bowl to create pink if you put too much you'll be left with red! and put 2 red and 2 blue food coloring drops in order to create purple
- Start with one color, whichever you want to start with and put a small spoonful in the cupcake liners, enough to cover the bottom
- Start layering the two colors on top of each other as pictured. Make sure the colors don't completely spread over one another then it won't be swirly, it will just be layered colors
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Allow to cool completely
- Color your frosting in order to create that vibrant purple, put just a dash more red food coloring than blue and frost your cupcakes
- Place a few candy pearls (or maybe even edible glitter) on top of the frosting to finish.