I love muddy buddies (aka puppy chow). It’s always been a favorite of mine, even the messy mixing, stiring, and shaking part. It’s all so worth it in the end! Experimenting with flavors and add-ins yields some awesome surprises, like this peanut butter cup version that you are going to love! Trust me! Give this Peanut Butter Cup Muddy Buddies recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments!
You can portion this into smaller bags for easier snacking, or this would be great for a bake sale!
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 bag mini peanut butter cups
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle the peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips throughout the cereal.
- Store in an airtight container.