I remember the lazy days of childhood, sitting back with a bag of chips and munching away while chatting on the phone or playing a video game.
The love of something crunchy is still with me today, so to combat the not-so-healthy options out there, I made these- Homemade Doritos Style Chips. I love (like, really love) Doritos – the cheesy, crunchy, orange-fingered goodness.
To this day, the temptation is too great and Doritos make it into our grocery cart every now and then.
Now with this recipe, we can make them anytime we want! Keep the ingredients on hand to satisfy your cravings and bring something new to your next party.
Homemade Doritos Style Chips
**I tried these right out of the oven and they were chewy so I thought they didn’t turn out and was kind of bummed. However, let them sit out for an hour or 2 and they will dry and crisp up. :)
To convert baking time to an air fryer, reduce the temperature by 25 degrees F and reduce the cooking time by 20%
- 1 package of 6” corn tortillas, any brand
- 2 tbs of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbs. parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the 2 tbs. of oil into a small dish and use a pastry brush to brush oil on each side of the corn tortillas. Stack the tortillas after brushing with oil and use a pizza cutter to cut them 4 ways making smaller chips.
- Add the seasonings into a large Ziploc type bag and mix. Put the chips into the bag and shake to coat. Use your fingers on the outside to rub the seasonings in.
- Pour the chips out on the baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Like this recipe? Be sure to Pin It to Pinterest! Hover over any image for a Pin It button or look to the left for a handy Pinterest button! Thank you!