I LOVE Orange Julius. It’s probably borderline addiction. I remember going with my best friend and each of us getting one and walking around the mall. It was our thing – she introduced me to this addiction! For the longest time, there was no place near me to get an Orange Julius until recently when Dairy Queen started to offer them. I was THRILLED. But that’s a LOT of sugar and empty calories! So I created my own version. And I love it. I could have this every morning as a pick-me-up. If you’re looking to mimic the flavor of an Orange Julius, get a protein punch after a hard workout, or just have a better-for-you drink, this is for you!
Try this Orange Julius Protein Shake (with or without the banana) today!
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces almond milk, or milk of choice, but Silk Unsweetened Almond is only 30 calories per cup!
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet no calorie sweetener, optional
- Add liquids then protein powder and swirl.
- Add in the sliced banana and blend until smooth and frothy.