I LOVE Orange Julius. It’s probably borderline addiction. I remember going with my best friend and each of us getting one and walking around the mall. It was our thing – she introduced me to this addiction! For the longest time, there was no place near me to get an Orange Julius until recently when Dairy Queen started to offer them. I was THRILLED. But that’s a LOT of sugar and empty calories! So I created my own version. And I love it. I could have this every morning as a pick-me-up. If you’re looking to mimic the flavor of an Orange Julius, get a protein punch after a hard workout, or just have a better-for-you drink, this is for you!
Try this Orange Julius Protein Shake (with or without the banana) today!
Nutrition values will vary depending on your milk choice, brand of orange juice, and protein powder.
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces almond milk, or milk of choice, but Silk Unsweetened Almond is only 30 calories per cup!
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet no calorie sweetener, optional
- Add liquids then protein powder and swirl.
- Add in the sliced banana and blend until smooth and frothy.