Oh Nutella, you are such a delicious little jar of amazing hazelnut goodness. If you agree, then this recipe for the kid favorite puppy chow combined with Nutella is the perfect recipe for you. Puppy chow, or muddy buddies, has always been a favorite of mine and it’s fun to experiment with the flavor and add-ins. It’s so easy to keep the ingredients on hand so you can make up a batch whenever you want.
Unless someone eats your cereal. I’m looking at you, husband. I only buy that kind of cereal for one reason – puppy chow – so stop eating it!
It’s also been a big hit at bake sales and as gifts, so don’t forget about this recipe when you need an edible gift or a sell-out bake sale!
- 5 Cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- Scoop your 5 Cups Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl
- Measure out your Nutella, peanut butter, and butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl
- Heat on 50% power in the microwave for 60 seconds
- Mix together and pour over your Chex cereal
- Carefully mix your melted mixture and Chex cereal until your Chex is well coated
- Place 1 Cup of powdered sugar into a large ziplock bag
- Pour your coated cereal into your bag and shake well
- Serve in a decorative dish or eat right out of the bag!