Sweet, sweet summer. Your hot nights full of fireflies, children running around barefoot, and warm breezes are a dream come true. Sometimes, though, those nights are a bit too hot and a cool, refreshing cocktail is needed to help unwind and cool off. The coolest, newest thing is this Not Your Father’s Rootbeer and if you still haven’t tried it, you are missing out. If you are of legal drinking age, it’s a great alternative to beer and pop – it’s both basically! I love it, and this cocktail just screams summer.
- 1 12 oz. Not Your Father's Root Beer
- 12 ounces of homemade or prepared lemonade mix
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 lemon, sliced with seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons of lemonade mix
- Ice Cubes
- Divide one twelve-ounce bottle of Not Your Father's Root Beer between two 16-ounce Mason jars.
- Add four (4) ounces of lemonade to each jar.
- Squeeze the juice of one (1) lemon into each jar.
- Drizzle a 1/2 ounce of honey into each jar.
- Fill each jar with ice cubes.
- Tightly screw Mason jar lids onto each jar and shake like there's no tomorrow.
- Remove lids and smear honey around the rim of each jar, then dust each rim with powdered lemonade mix.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of mint.
- Remember, please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.