There are kid-friendly treat recipes, and then there are kid-friendly recipes that mom and dad totally steal bites from and this is one of them! Our Muddy Buddy Bars are a cinch to make and can easily be tailored to your family’s taste. Peanut butter and chocolate is always a hit! Throw in different M&Ms varieties to mix up the flavors, there’s so many to choose from now!
Have fun in the kitchen with the kids because they can help with this easy recipe. Be sure to have muddy buddy bars on hand for after school snacks or dessert!
Easy kid-friendly muddy buddy treat bars
- ½ cup butter
- 1 10-ounce package marshmallows
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 1 10.5-ounce bag peanut butter and chocolate Chex Mix Muddy Buddies (or 3 cups prepared muddy buddies)
- ½ cup M&Ms
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and peanut butter and continue cooking until melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the corn Chex. Reserve one cup of Muddy Buddies mix and add the remaining mix to the pan. Stir until all the cereal is coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press the cereal into a 9x13 baking dish. Top with remaining Muddy Buddies and M&Ms. Carefully press the cereal and candy into the bars until they stick.
- the mixture to cool completely, then cut into 12 bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 9g