I love this new “way of eating” we are on. Seriously, I could go on and on about what we’re eating and how much I’m NOT missing carb-filled foods. Our meals are easier, they are way more delicious, and dare I say a bit more budget friendly? We eat so much meat and cheese, so we’ve been doing lots of taste testing and time and time again, Sargento® Slices rank number 1!
Since the kids are not eating this way, I like to keep meals pretty simple so making up these lettuce wrapped sandwiches are easy and customizable for what we like. Go heavy on the meat, light on the cheese, heavy on the cheese and light on the meat, whatever you want! Depending on your plan for the day, you can enjoy a few roll ups (or wraps, whatever you want to call them) since there’s no bread or tortilla totally that carb count up!
- 1 head of lettuce
- Your choice of Sargento® Slices, choose from a wide variety like: Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Ultra Thin® Provolone, Smokehouse Cheddar™, Havarti, and Colby Pepper Jack
- Meat - ham, turkey, salami, pepperoni, roasted chicken, the choice is yours
- Condiments, optional
- Carefully seperate your lettuce into individual large leaves. You will use one leaf for each wrap.
- With your lettuce on the bottom, layer your meats and cheese slices on top.
- Carefully roll up your creation.
- Keep condiments on the side for dipping, putting them inside could make a mess.
Ready to get your lettuce-wrapping sandwich making skills on point? Head to Meijer and use this mperks offer for $1 off 2 Sargento® Slices product; available 6/18-7/15. In order to use the mperks offer, you must have an account. Once you do, just search for “Sargento” to find the offer and be sure to use your mperks at the register!
Another CRAZY simple recipe that you can do with your Sargento® Slices is to take a couple slices, put them on a microwavable plate, and microwave in 20-30 second intervals until it melts and then crisps up. Crunch them into smaller pieces and you have cheese “crisps”, perfect for a salad topping! A lot of low carb and keto people will just make these cheese crisps and eat them as is for a crunchy snack.
Don’t forget about the mperks offer and let me know which variety you’ll be trying!