This post is sponsored by The Motherhood and The Stork. All opinions are my own.
I never imagined that after the birth of our first, that we would experience what is known as secondary infertility. I figured, “Hey we’re young, we’ve got this.”, and I was wrong. I spent many, many months charting my cycles and taking more tests than I could ever count. Ovulation tests, pregnancy tests, pH level tests, saliva tests – it was almost like a science experiment!
I had heard of fertility treatments, and they just weren’t something I wanted to admit that we might need to turn to. I was stubborn. I didn’t want medical intervention to help us conceive – creating a baby should be natural, that’s what I figured anyway. So when we couldn’t conceive after several years, I was done. I didn’t want to keep trying, so I instead turned my energy onto myself. In doing so, I lost weight… and got pregnant. Had it not have happened that way, I know the “baby fever” would have spiked again, and I’d be left wondering “What else can we do?”. Well for many couples already at that point, there’s a new innovative approach to fertility treatments that lets you stay comfortable, discreet, and more importantly, still enjoy the “fun” of making a baby.
The Stork Conception System is indicated for assisted insemination in instances where low sperm count, sperm immobility, or hostile vaginal environment has been diagnosed. The system (cervical cap in a condom-like silicone sheath) is used to collect semen into a cervical cap, and then deliver the cap to the outside of the cervix as an aid to conception. It is to be used at home following physician instructions.
Because of the low price on The Stork, many physicians are prescribing couples to do this process three times during a women’s optimal ovulation cycle.
Benefits of The Stork:
- Proven technique: Physician technique now available for use in the privacy of home
- Safe: FDA Authorized prescription product. Non-reusable device
- Natural: Drug-free product that requires no drugs
- Non-invasive: Requires no injections or surgery
- Easy –to-Use: Condom-like in collection, tampon-like in delivery
- Cost-effective: Compared to “next-step” treatment options
Currently, The Stork is NOT something you can buy over-the-counter (but you will be able to soon!) and is currently only available by prescription.
How to Purchase The Stork
- Contact healthcare provider for prescription
- Purchase The Stork from the website
- Choose from one device or a one-month supply of three individually-packaged Stork devices.
- $79.99 for one or $210 for a one-month supply
- Pre-natal vitamins are also available for both the male and female on The Stork store website
- Submit a copy of the prescription through email, fax or mail for verification by Rinovum
- Two shipping options available:
- Overnight (if placed between M-F by 3 PM)
- Ground (5-7 business days)
- The Stork ships directly to your home
For more information and news on The Stork follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Vimeo.
If you’ve struggled with infertility, or currently are having trouble conceiving – is The Stork something you would try?