These Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake Chimichangas are that perfect combination of apple and cinnamon and sugary and creamy. You have to make these (they are really easy!) for an after-dinner dessert. I won’t judge if you drizzle a little caramel sauce on top either.
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ Cups Apple Pie Filling, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Oil for Frying
- Preheat oil to 360 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract and 1 tbsp sugar. Fold in apple pie filling.
- Divide cheesecake filling evenly between each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla into a burrito by folding in to edges then rolling up. Secure seam with toothpicks.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Fry each chimichanga until golden brown. Remove from oil and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.