If you’ve ever had beef stew, you know it’s a warm, cozy and filling meal. It’s also super easy to make ahead of time in the crock pot and have it waiting for you when you get home. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who makes it all the time. When we go over for lunch after church, we will frequently find this yummy dish stewing in the crock pot.
The recipe calls for the standard veggies, but you can add and replace them with what you have on hand. So grab a bowl and enjoy this cozy stew sometime soon with your own family! I know we will be :)
- 1 lb Stew Meat, Cut in Chunks
- Small Onion, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes, Chopped into big chunks
- 1 Can of Green Beans
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Large Can/Box of Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Brown the stew meat in a skillet with the onion.
- Place all of the vegetables (set aside the zucchini until about 30 minutes before serving, so it does not get too mushy), the beef stock and the salt and pepper to taste in the crock pot.
- Once the stew meat is browned, add it (with the onions) into the crock pot. Stir all of it together.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, add in zucchini about 30 minutes before serving).