Mashed potatoes are such a great and honestly, easy side dish that can be made year-round. Mashed potatoes are not meant to be just a holiday staple, but something you can whip up (pun intended) anytime you have that craving for comfort food that’s warm and fluffy and well, delicious.
Using an instant pot or another pressure cooker, you can make these mashed potatoes even easier, freeing you up for other tasks or dishes.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
1. Place potatoes and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Top with slices of butter, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
2. Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent. Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
3. When cook time is up, do a quick release and remove lid.
4. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes. Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
Additional time to come to pressure is not noted, but will be about 10-20 minuets.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 661mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g