Mashed potatoes are such a great and honestly, easy side dish that can be made year-round. Instant Pot mashed potatoes are not meant to be just a holiday staple, but something you can whip up (pun intended) anytime you have that craving for comfort food that’s warm and fluffy and well, delicious.
Using an instant pot or another pressure cooker, you can make these mashed potatoes even easier, freeing you up for other tasks or dishes. You’ll make these Instant Pot mashed potatoes all the time, trust me.
Easy Instant Pot mashed potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
1. Place potatoes and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Top with slices of butter, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
2. Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent. Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
3. When cook time is up, do a quick release and remove lid.
4. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes. Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
Additional time to come to pressure is not noted, but will be about 10-20 minuets.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g