These shower melts are an easy DIY “beauty” item to have on hand for when you need to wake up, or clear your head, or just get your peppermint on! You can use any kind of mold (ice cube tray or silicone mold) to shape these Peppermint Shower Melts, so have fun!
You could make these and package them together with a pretty mason jar and ribbon and give them as a gift. For anyone who loves peppermint, these are a nice little addition to their shower.
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 T water
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- *2 drops red food coloring - optional
- In a bowl mix together your cornstarch, essential oil and food coloring.
- Gradually add your water a tablespoon at a time.
- *If you want to store your shower melts in a cool dry place, then keep your mixture on the crumbly side.
- *If you want to keep your shower melts in the freezer until using, then you can add up to 7 T water to make your mixture more of a paste.
- Spoon mixture into molds and freeze for one hour.
- Depending on how much water you added, either store in a cool dry place, or keep in the freezer until use.
- When ready to use, lay the melt on the floor of the shower and it will gradually dissolve.
Be sure to check out all of my other DIY Beauty posts! There are so many great ideas there for yourself and to make for gifts.
I would love for you to share or save to Pinterest the ones you love! If you’d like to see a special DIY beauty post, let me know in the comments!