This wonderfully addictive appetizer is a great addition to any event. They are simple to whip up, you can make them ahead of time and put them in the fridge until needed, and they travel nicely.
My mother in law first introduced these to me at my wedding reception. She offered turkey and ham and I nearly ate all of the turkey ones! Forget the wedding cake, I was a happy camper with these pinwheels.
- 2 – 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Package of Dry Ranch Mix
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 10 Large Tortillas
- 1 Package of Deli Meat – Ham and Turkey work great!
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and dry ranch mix together until well blended.
- Lay out 1 tortilla and smear on a generous helping of the cream cheese mix on top.
- Layer 2-3 pieces of meat on top of the cream cheese mix and roll the entire tortilla up, leaving the ends open.
- Slice the tortilla into 1 inch sections and lay on a serving platter or plate.
The ends of the tortilla will be open and not as “pretty” as the other pinwheels – I usually sample these myself to make sure the pinwheels turned out good for my guests! ;)