Why bother with boring cinnamon rolls when you can make them extraordinary? With just a few simple tweaks to a can of store bought cinnamon rolls, you can have leave your guests amazed and wonder where all of this culinary talent came from! Take a peek below at how we jazzed up a basic can of rolls in just minutes! The results are quite tasty.
Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Can of cinnamon rolls w/icing
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar OR powdered sugar
- Begin by partially cooking your bacon. You want to cook it so it is about 1/2 way done. You can microwave it OR cook it on the stove top. It is up to you, just be sure you only cook it half way through.
- Carefully open your rolls. The dough will be soft and you should be able to pull it apart into long strips.
- Unravel the dough and wrap the bacon into the folds. Since the bacon is only partially cooked it should be nice and pliable.
- Wrap the rolls back up so the bacon is tucked in the folds.
- Bake the rolls according to package directions. The time in the oven should be enough to not only bake the dough but finish off the bacon as well.
- While your rolls bake, scoop the icing into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of cream cheese and a tablespoon of either powder or brown sugar. Stir well. This will amp up the icing nicely.
- Remove the rolls and ice them while warm. Simply drizzle the icing on and let it melt.
As soon as your rolls are cooled, enjoy them. The saltiness of the bacon and added flavors of your icing toss ins are the perfect mix!
Give this simple recipe a try and you will never look at cinnamon rolls the same way again!