Baking is not just for the holiday season, it is perfect for anytime of the year! These Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to make for your family or even to give as a friendly gift to new neighbors! Package these in a cute litte container with a ribbon and you have a great gift for new neighbors or to cheer up a coworker!
Take a look at how easy they are to make.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Andes mint chocolate candy
- Green food coloring
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, egg, flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix until blended well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix until blended well.
- Remove the wrapping from the Andes candies and break them into smaller pieces. You want them to be about the size of the chocolate chips. Add them to the mix and stir well.
- Finally, add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter. Stir one last time. This will give the cookies a touch of St. Patrick’s Day cheer.
- Drop the dough by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Now comes the hard part. Try to wait until the cookies are cooled before consuming. This will not be easy, as they will look and smell so scrumptious, but it is advised!
Serve these with a big glass of milk and enjoy!