Do you have more mornings that you dread going to work than you do looking forward to it? Maybe you live in a snowy climate and have to risk your safety and your vehicle every day to earn a living, and you’re starting to wonder if it’s even worth the hassle. Maybe you have young children and daycare is extremely costly. Have you considered a work from home option? Maybe you have but don’t know what you’d do to bring in the same income you make outside of the house.
Here are 5 Work From Home Ideas to consider!
- Author. We all know those people that have such experiences in their lives that they belong in a book. Maybe you’re one of them, or maybe you just have a way with words. Maybe you have a journal of poetry that is just begging for an audience. You don’t have to write an 800 page novel. If you can write and/or draw, even children’s books are a great place to start.
- Virtual Assistant. Many people need assistants – whether it’s for scheduling meetings, transcription, writing assistance, bookkeeping, or a little bit of everything, chances are that if you have administrative skills someone out there can use them.
- Blogging. If you’re interested in talking about it, people are probably interested in hearing about it. Blogging has very little startup costs and can bring in huge rewards. You should know, however, that it takes time to build a blog – usually a few years before you start to get some steady income. Don’t count on it for big money right away or you’ll most likely be disappointed.
- Journalist or Freelancer. If you’re a news buff, this might be the new career for you. You can cover sports, children’s events, concerts, or whatever else you’re into. Check with your local publications for openings, or even search for online publications needing a fresh perspective. There are also many “content mills” looking for writers at any given time.
- Website Design. If you know HTML and can do graphics work, there is a lot of money to be made in the design field. You can design websites for companies, local organizations, bloggers, and yourself (to advertise your design services, of course!).
You’d be surprised how many opportunities there are to make money and work from home. With a little leg work and a lot of perseverance, you can stay at home and make a decent income at the same time. I love sharing about my work from home journey, so ask questions in the comments below! I’ll do my best to offer advice or help you track down resources!