Have you heard about this new trend taking over the tea industry? It’s called matcha and not only is it delicious, it has some really amazing benefits. Here’s just a taste (see what I did there?) of why you should add matcha to your daily routine:
Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
Boosts metabolism and burns calories
Detoxifies effectively and naturally
Calms the mind and relaxes the body
Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
Enhances mood and aids in concentration
Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
So, I love to drink matcha. I even add it to my smoothies now as just an easy way to have my daily ‘dose’. But because it’s powdered, it’s super easy to use in DIY beauty recipes! Like sugar scrubs! It can be great for the skin as well, so combining that with the exfoliating properties of the sugar and this scrub is a goldmine. I’m very thankful my husband’s cousin introduced me to matcha. She sold me on it when she said it could help with that afternoon energy slump! I’m linking you to my very own Steeped Tea website as I’ve now joined the company!
- 1 cup sugar - use more sugar if you want a coarser scrub
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp matcha - I used Vanilla from Steeped Tea
- air tight container and spoon
- Combine the sugar and powdered matcha until thoroughly mixed
- Add in soft coconut oil and stir to combine well. You can use the back of a spoon to mash the coconut oil and mix, or use a hand-held mixer.
- Store in air tight container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.