I’ll admit, I’m not a huge fan of green beans. But, as a cupcake? Sign me up! These Thanksgiving Green Bean Cupcakes will be the perfect little “side” dessert to your main meal!
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, milk + 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
FOR THE FROSTING/TOPPING
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Store bought fondant or Marshmallow Fondant
- Green Food Coloring
- Black Sprinkles
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add the vinegar into the milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter and bake for 19-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes completely cool.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together the butter, powdered sugar, and shortening. Beat together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Using a decorating bag, frost the cupcakes. All you need to do is a low swirl.
- Using a paper towel pat the frosting down. Makes it easier to add in the green beans on top.
- Using either store-bought fondant or marshmallow fondant add in the green food coloring. You want it to be a little bit darker to resemble green beans.
- Using greased hands, roll the fondant into a log and slice. Using a sharp object, place a line through the green bean.
- Add the green beans on top of the frosting.
- Add on the slice almonds and black sprinkles. The black sprinkles resemble pepper.