This slow cooker salsa chicken and rice (or as pictured, with added corn niblets) is a super easy, delicious, and healthy addition to your weekly menu plan. Serve alone, with tortilla chips, or as a wrap/burrito, and it’s a perfect kid-friendly meal!
Slow cooked shredded chicken with your salsa of choice, rice, and corn.
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 1-2 jars of salsa, your choice of heat (the more salsa, the wetter/juicier the mixture)
- Cooked rice, white or brown, about 4 cups
- 1 package of frozen corn niblets, or more, if desired
- Place chicken and salsa into slow cooker, on HIGH for about 4 hours.
- As you prepare your rice, shred the chicken add the corn directly from freezer to slow cooker and stir. When rice is ready, add it to the mixture and stir.
- Serve alone, with tortilla chips and use as a dip, or turn into a burrito.
The amounts can easily be modified if you want to make a bigger batch to freeze some. The more salsa you add, the juicier/wetter the mixture will be. For freezing, just cool and spoon into freezer bags. Lay flat in freezer to save room!