This post was sponsored by Crayola as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This year, we will have a 7th grader and two first graders. There’s going to be more homework, more sports and after-school activities, and who knows what else coming our way. We’re also going to have new teachers for everyone. New teachers who will step in to ease first day jitters, new teachers who will their names and their favorites and do it so quickly you’ll wonder if they have magic powers.
They probably do, and that’s why it’s so important that we remember to thank them. We should thank them for stepping in and drying those first-day tears, for helping them learn to read, to count, to learn the states, to learn to play a recorder. We should thank them for taking our sweet little ones and helping them grow into these someday adults. It gives me chills to think about how many wonderful teachers they will encounter during their educational journies who each play such a big role!
One cool way that Crayola is taking part in thanking our teachers is with their Thank a Teacher contest. You and your family can enter the contest from July 1 to August 25, 2018 by creating and uploading handmade thank you notes for teachers!
TEN finalists will be awarded some awesome prizes like:
- $10,000 classroom makeover for the teacher
- One year supply of Crayola products for the school
- $1,000 scholarship for the student
- $1,000 gift card for both the teacher and school
- Free CreatEd seminar for the school
- For the grand prize, one lucky finalist will have his or her thank-you note featured on a special box of Crayola Crayons this holiday season. In addition, a weekly sweepstakes will run concurrently with the contest, offering entrants a chance to win $500 gift cards for themselves and their teachers.
Our kids have had amazing teachers so far. When they would come home last year, they had so many stories to tell and always such sweetness for their teachers! I can’t wait to see what thank you notes they create throughout the year – you know the gift giving never ends!
Be sure to have your children thank their teachers and enter to win!