It’s so much easier to make homemade dog treats than to remember to pick them up at the store! If you keep coconut oil and peanut butter in your pantry, then these peanut butter egg dog treats can come together quickly and make for a fun special treat for your big or small family pet!
You can get seasonal and consider these Easter egg dog treats, or use any shape mold that you have or recently fell in love with to make these. I have to say though, don’t they look perfect for Easter?! You know those peanut butter eggs we humans love – here’s a dog-friendly version!
The recipe is simple to follow and anyone can make these.
Keep them in your fridge (or freezer) as they will melt if left out.
- Your favorite egg-shaped silicone mold (links below)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- Add the peanut butter and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 60 seconds or until completely melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Pour the melted mixture into each egg-shaped mold, filling almost to the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until hardened.
- Serve in moderation by giving these treats to your dog only once or twice per week.
Keep these peanut butter Easter egg treats stored in the refrigerator as they can easily melt if left out at room temperature.
Want to try another fun homemade dog treat? These are a HIT! Click the image below to go to the recipe.