I love, love, love easy recipes and when I can use my Instant Pot to make dinner even easier, the recipe is definitely a keeper! This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole is perfect for busy nights – but you won’t have leftovers since everyone will love it so much! You will want to add this to your go-to meals for busy nights and keep the ingredients on hand to make it quick and easy!
Pasta dishes are something my family loves, so I try to keep the basics on hand to throw together. I mean, my kids are fine to eat just cooked pasta with a jar of sauce and call it a meal, so in a pinch or when doing a “pantry cooking challenge”, I’m all for it. If you keep a few of the basic ingredients on hand that work for this, you won’t have to order takeout.
We’re being more mindful of how often we eat out at restaurants and fast food, so you’ll likely see me share more of these budget-friendly recipes!
Speaking of budget-friendly recipes – what are some of YOUR favorites? I joked with the kids that towards the end of the month we’ll just be having lots of sandwiches to help the budget stretch and surprisingly, no one complained! I guess if I change it up with different deli cuts and grilled cheese, the variety is fun enough! I have no problem with “basic” recipes if it means not spending $30 or more to eat out somewhere!
- 1-2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound small macaroni noodles, you can use elbow, cellentani, etc.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup American cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté/browning feature.
- Add oil and allow to sizzle.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef and cook until cooked through and no pink is showing.
- Add salt and pepper, onion powder, tomato puree, beef broth, and pasta. Mix well.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to return to normal.
- Add both cheese and mix in well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.