This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #poppedwiththeforce #CollectiveBias
I love baseball season, you guys. It means that spring is here, bringing warmer weather and more sunshine, and the grass is green and the trees all fill in with leaves. It also means that we’re busy and always out at the ball fields, always washing uniforms, always practicing, and always looking for ways to eat on the go and keep it fun and healthy for everyone. Baseball mommin’ is hard work!
The kids love snacking during games, so while Gavin is playing, the other two basically bounce between two things – playing and eating. I don’t like to constantly buy from the concession stand since it can get pretty expensive, so bringing snacks from home is definitely how I hit a home run. Lately, the kids have been loving these Popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs and I’m loving that they gravitate towards healthier options! It means all that time spent on shopping and preparing snacks results in healthier and tastier options!
With this being our second season of t-ball, I’ve learned a few things that I can share with other moms who might be looking at their first season and wondering how in the world they will do it all.
- Use a calendar so you don’t miss practices or games, or other league events like photos. I made sure to color-code my Google calendar so Gavin’s baseball things stand out and don’t get lost.
- Leave your baseball gear in the car if you can! This has saved us a few times by knowing the baseball bag is already in the car and we just need to get his uniform on and grab our other stuff (Popchips, blanket, sunglasses, etc).
- Practice outside of team practices. Unless you have a coach who is doing two practices a week plus scheduled games, it doesn’t hurt to go out and do some drills. You don’t have to go hardcore, but practice fielding, throwing to first, catching and hitting a few balls. T-ball is all about learning the fundamentals to get ready for the next level, so a few extra minutes a week will help learn those and help them stick!
- Don’t forget your own stuff! If you aren’t a bleachers person, bring a chair or blanket and don’t forget the sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottles, and whatever else you may need. I tend to pack a bag before the first game and keep it ready to go at all times. That way, if we have a canceled game or decide to go out and practice, my stuff is ready too and it’s not me making us late.
- Have a snack cabinet/drawer/box or something that’s filled at the beginning of the season and easy for everyone to just grab from. Bag up portions of Popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs, throw in some other pre-packaged goodies, and before games siblings can grab what they want and be in charge of their own game snack and lessen your load.
- Wash uniforms as soon as you get home. Alright, I’m still working on this myself, but when you get home and that uniform comes off, it should go right into the washer. This gets it washed, dried, and ready for the next game and reduces all of the running around the day of (or an hour before a game) to get it ready to go.
- Have fun and take pictures! The candid photos are the best, just remember that other parents are there too so don’t stand in their way, especially if their child is up to bat! Oh man, this is the worst and I hate seeing it happen, so don’t do it!
I LOVE these containers for easy lunches or snack boxes like these delicious ones I put together for our last game! Talk about a mom win, they thought it was the COOLEST thing ever! Popchips work so nicely too, nothing greasy or sticky to worry about and the perfect crunchy compliment! These Popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs are the cutest shapes too, so snacking is fun for any Star Wars fan. There’s also a mystery shape, so while you snack, be on the lookout for it!
We have several containers because they are great year-round and I know I’ve seen them or something similar at Kroger so look for them and be sure to visit the natural chip section and find Popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs! You’ll find them in the natural chip section because they are non-gmo, never fried, and even gluten-free!