These Green Slime Halloween Cupcakes are so pretty… but then you take a big bite, and the green slime oozes out and you can’t help but giggle at this fun and delicious treat! I love Halloween and I love treats that have an element of surprise and fun to them, so these are perfect.
These cupcakes are great for Halloween parties and are sure to be a hit so get ready to impress with these oozy, slimy cupcakes! You’ll be making homemade frosting and the cake from stratch, so go ahead and brag! Happy Halloween!
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, milk + 1 tsp vinegar, let sit for 5 minutes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding
- Green food coloring
- Tons of Halloween sprinkles
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with liners.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in the buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Add cupcake batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 24-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Prepare the frosting by whipping the butter until it turns light and fluffy about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the powdered sugar slowly and then vanilla extract.
- Add heavy cream.
- Put the frosting in the freezer to get it stiff.
- Prepare the instant pudding (use directions on back of package) and add in green food coloring.
- Inject the green slime in the cupcakes with a cupcake cutter, apple corer, or a filling tip with a pastry bag.
- Frost cupcakes and with sprinkles.