This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
There a few things that bring me comfort towards the end of October as my emotions run high. With the anniversary of my mom’s passing, food is one of the easiest comforts that I can lean on. I remember her making this dish – but I don’t have her recipe. We aren’t sure if it was from a box meal kit or a pouch or what, so over the years I’ve played with my own version and I feel really good about this. To me, it tastes just like she made it, and it’s an easy enough recipe for any weeknight dinner.
- 1 package Extra Broad, or Broad No Yolks noodles
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 jar of your favorite sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, EVOO
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- Optional: cheese, parmesan
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil and follow the package instructions for cooking No Yolks noodles.
- While your water comes up to a boil, heat 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Rinse and pat your chicken dry then cut into medium sized chunks.
- Add chicken to the pan and add about 1/2-1 tablespoon of seasonings (Italian, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper), stir and let it cook through.
- Once chicken is cooked and browned, add about half of your sauce and let simmer while your No Yolks noodles cook.
- Drain noodles and put back into large pot.
- Add remaining sauce to chicken and sauce pan, stir, then add to noodles and gently stir.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese (optional), a side salad and breadsticks are great additions as well!
My mom always called this chicken cacciatore and ALWAYS with No Yolks, but I’m sure it’s not as complex as other recipes. I don’t care about that though – I care about the flavors and how good it makes me feel. It’s an easy go-to recipe since all of the ingredients can easily be kept on hand. You could even double the recipe, freeze and reheat once thawed if you like having freezer meals!
If you’ve never had No Yolks noodles, you are missing out. They are so light and fluffy! They are made from egg whites and cholesterol free if you are health-conscious. Head HERE to score a coupon to save $.50 and give them a try! I would make this Chicken Cacciatore recipe first – it’s easy and great for busy families. The kids really loved it, and it felt so good to share something of my mom’s with them.
I feel like we’ll be trying some other great recipes with No Yolks noodles, like a soul-warming chicken noodle soup! No Yolks come in a variety of cuts including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry. You can use No Yolks in just about any recipe that calls for noodles.
I also have a really great contest you can enter – you can win one of FIVE $100 gift cards! Enter before November 15th! I-C will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.