You can’t enjoy a Parisian tea party or brunch without No-Bake Petit Fours. Petit Fours are tiny pastries that are decorated in sweet and fancy ways, and perfect for dressing up any brunch table. You can make your own Petit Fours using the simple NO BAKE recipe below, which is designed with young children in mind. Take a look at how to whip up your own batch so you can enjoy the taste of Paris right in your own kitchen!
- 1 ready-made pound cake, Sara Lee makes one perfect for this
- 1 jar of jelly, any flavor will work, use what suits your tastes
- 1 container of ready made icing
- Assorted sprinkles
- Cooling rack
- Begin by cutting the pound cake into 2 inch slices. You want them to look like slices of bread.
- Spread some jelly on one of the slices and create a sandwich by adding an additional slice on top.
- Cut the “sandwich” now into 1 inch strips.
- Make another cut, this time cutting the strips down into 1-2 inch cubes. They should now look like the base of the petit four.
- Place your frosting in a bowl and place it in the microwave. Cook on high for 20 seconds at a time until the frosting is liquefied.
- Place the mini cakes on a drying rack and pour the frosting over them to coat them.
- Allow the frosting to harden and dry. You can them embellish with various sprinkles and additives of your choosing.
Allow each child to decorate their own petit fours as they wish. To get ideas, you can browse the websites of Parisian bakeries online or get a book from the library. You can then serve these with tea or brunch, wearing all of your fancy accessories of course! Can you imagine having a little tea party and surprising your guests with these? The perfect sweet addition to a playdate or tea party themed birthday. And just imagine all the fun sprinkles you can use to decorate with!
I know as we walked around Paris we saw many window displays of delicious little petit fours and other treats. They really have these gorgeous displays to draw you in, and they work! Think like a Paris shop owner as you decorate and display yours and have fun with it!
Give these easy NO BAKE petit fours a try and see how fun and tasty Paris pastries can be!