Who knew that you could make a hearty and filling meal using just Dollar Tree ingredients? Well, now you do! You can make a tater tot casserole such as the one you see below in just minutes and with just a few ingredients from your local Dollar Tree. This recipe is also great for college students as it’s inexpensive and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients or kitchenware to make it, and we all know college students love easy and cheap food!
Dollar Tree Tater Tot Casserole
As mentioned, ALL of these items were found at our local Dollar Tree store. We cooked this meal in two small single serve casserole dishes, so with the ingredients mentioned above, you can make a meal that serves two. It’s such a comfort food and one of those recipes that once you make it the first time, you can easily make it again from memory! With this smaller portion size, it’s also perfect for singles, couples or college students!
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 package of Jennie-O Turkey burgers
- 1 package of frozen tater tots
- Shredded cheese
- Salt, pepper, seasoning salt to taste
- Begin by crumbling the turkey burger in a skillet. Cook until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix the turkey burger crumbles, ½ can of cream of mushroom, ½ can of sweet corn, and ¼ cup of shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your casserole dish. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. You may also sprinkle with more cheese at this time if you wish.
- Make a layer of tater tots on top of the mixture. A single layer is best.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. You want the tater tots to be nice and golden.
- Remove and sprinkle with additional cheese if you wish.
- Once your tater tot casserole is cooled, it can be enjoyed! Dig in and enjoy your tasty yet thrifty dish!