Slime is all the rage but what kids don’t realize is that us parents have been making this for years already! I remember doing it back when I was in elementary school, so it’s nothing new to me. What is new is now everyone wants to add stuff to their slime – tiny toys, glitter, styrofoam balls, essential oils, and who knows what else! There are people who make slime as their JOBS and sell it! This recipe is for DIY Lavender Glitter Slime and yes, it has both glitter and essential oils!
We aren’t doing that, but I did want to share an easy recipe for this fun purple slime that smells like lavender!
When you go to buy supplies, grab extras. You’ll find yourself in a whole new world of slime making and you’ll want to be prepared. We’re going to be making more and sharing with you because slime is perfect for rainy or wintery days!
- ½ cup of white school glue
- 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of Borax
- 1 cup of hot water
- Pink or purple glitter, optional
- Lavender essential oil
- purple food coloring
- Begin with the hot water and Borax into a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and white school glue together. OPTIONAL: You can add a little shaving cream in at this time if you wish. ¼ cup or so will give the slime some fluff. If you wish for a more slippery slime then you can omit.
- Mix the two bowls of ingredients together. Continue to knead and mix well until your slime forms. It should be moveable, never sticky.
- Add in as little or as much glitter as you wish. The more you add, the firmer and more sparkly the slime will be.
- You can now add the food coloring as this time. Add either one drop of red and one drop of blue to make purple, or use store bought purple food coloring. Just a drop or two will do.
- Finally, add the essential oil. Add 5-7 drops depending on how strong you wish for the scent to be.
Your slime is now complete and can be stored in an airtight container until ready for use.