This is the perfect homemade beauty product for adults and little girls alike! Inexpensive, simple, tasty, and safe! Easily tinted and flavored with your favorite powdered drink mix this will become a favorite beauty diy in your house. Made with just 2 ingredients (3 if you want a firmer gloss) you will be packing up your lip gloss in minutes. We made a dozen to give as gifts- tucked in baskets, stockings, and even little purses we are giving as gifts to the cousins. My favorite beauty products always come from the pantry!
DIY Flavored Lip Gloss
Homemade flavored lip gloss
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ packet drink mix -as pictured
- optional - 1 tsp. beeswax
- Small containers, like these lip gloss jars
- Heat coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish until just melted (30-45 seconds is usually enough time). If you prefer a firmer lip gloss- stir beeswax into coconut oil until melted. If you want to skip this step so the kids can make it from start to finish you can but lipgloss will not be as smooth or flavor blend quite as well.
- Add drink mix, stir well to mix.
- Pour mixture into lip gloss containers.
- Allow to set up until firm-place it in the refrigerator to set it up faster.
You could also use Kool-Aid, lemonade drink mix, or any type and flavor you prefer. Use ½ to 1 full teaspoon until desired color and flavor is reached.
Coconut oil will melt in warm temperatures - do not leave in a hot car or other warm spot as it will liquify. To firm it back up, place it in a cool location, even the fridge for a few minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links.