This is, hands down, one of my favorite crock pot meals to make. My mom actually used to make this, and with the help of my sister, I was able to recreate it and I’m so so thankful! This crock pot cubed steak and gravy, served with rice, is comfort food at it’s best and so perfect to throw together in the morning before a busy day.
It is, however, torture to wait on if you are at home while it cooks because it smells AMAZING! I love the smell it fills the house with – it reminds me so much of my mom and is one of the few things that I can make that tastes like her cooking.
It’s super easy, so don’t think it’s complicated by any means.
- 1 or 2 packages of cubed steak (my packaged had about 4 steaks each, so use enough for your family)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix the onion soup mix with the water and pour into crock pot
- Open and add both cans of soup to the crock pot and stir together
- Gently add cubed steaks, make sure they are mostly covered by the soups
- Season with pepper, no salt needed
- I usually let this go on high for 3-4 hours then drop to low until ready to serve. You can check the meat temperature with a thermometer to be sure they reach the correct inner temp, then let it go on slow and it makes them even more tender!
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 984mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g