The wet, snowy and cold weather of Old Man Winter is a perfect time to enjoy a bowl of warm oatmeal. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal will feel like a dessert and warm you up in no time. You can even *freeze* this for another time (directions included)! That makes this a great go-to breakfast for busy mornings or those mornings you just want something delicious with little effort.
Who am I kidding though – oatmeal is great anytime! It’s a comfort food, and with any good comfort food, you can enjoy it anytime.
I love changing up plain boring oatmeal, so I hope you’ll try this and let me know how it is!
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, Optional
- In a small pot over medium low heat, combine oats, milk, cocoa powder and honey. Stir until well combined.
- Heat over medium low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Splash with a little but of milk and serve warm.
- Cook oats as instructed above, but omit the peanut butter.
- Allow to cool, then spoon oatmeal into a well greased cupcake tin. Freeze for 24 hours.
- Once frozen, remove oatmeal from cupcake trays and transfer them to a freezer bag to store in the freezer.
- To heat simply place one oatmeal “cupcake” in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.