The Instant Pot is a such a great kitchen appliance for busy families, it absolutely comes in and saves the day! This recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a family favorite and one that you can make any time you want some comfort food or someone needs a big hug in a bowl when they don’t feel the greatest!
I know that chicken noodle soup is the go-to when feeling under the weather and it’s such a comfort food that we all know and love, so this recipe just makes it easier. The Instant Pot lets you get this on the table in an hour vs all day and is quick enough that you can make some to take to family and neighbors. It’s an inexpensive family dinner idea, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 ribs celery chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into cubes, cooked (if using
- raw chicken, see step 3)
- 6 ounces egg noodles
1. Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Once the pot is hot, add in your oil, carrots and onion. Stir well until the carrots and onions are soft and cooked. This should take about 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the veggies. Stir and mix well.
2. Hit cancel on your Instant Pot. Add in your seasonings: oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Mix well.
3. Add in your chicken broth and water. (If using raw chicken, place your raw chicken, place your diced cubes of chicken into the pot. Make sure the liquid is covering them well.).
4. Close the Instant Pot by twisting the lid on. Close the valve. Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 7 minutes. To reach pressure, it will take about 20 minutes.
5. Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, allow it to release naturally for 10 minutes.
6. Using a hot pad or towel, manually release by twisting the valve towards you.
7. Open the Instant Pot. Remove the bay leaf with a spoon.
8. Press Cancel on your Instant Pot. Then select Sauté mode. Add the egg noodles to the pot, and stir well so the liquid covers the noodles. Allow the noodles to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
9. Serve in a bowl alongside your favorite sandwich or crackers! Season with more salt or pepper to your liking! Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for cold weekends by saving to Pinterest! If you have friends who would like it, send them the link or share via Facebook and Twitter! I appreciate your support so much when you find something you love and want to share – thank you! <3