Lunch is always a struggle here. I lack the creativity to come up with something new and fun all the time. When I DO make something new, there’s almost someone who has to complain and refuse to eat it. So I’m always a little leery. This time though I just bit the bullet. I wanted to try something, I knew I would already like it, it would just be do the KIDS like it? These Corn Dog Muffins are easy, and you can keep the ingredients on hand to make them up for a meal any time. Definitely a keeper for the whole family!
These are too easy to make, so whip them up and watch them disappear!
- 2 boxes corn bread mix, I used Jiffy - you can also make this homemade if you'd like prepared as directed with Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 package hot dogs, preservative free
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prepare your corn bread mix as directed on the box, or by your recipe
- Slice 2-3 hot dogs, more if you want them extra meaty
- Mix hot dog slices into corn bread batter gently
- Divide batter amongst muffin tins (spray or paper-lined)
- Bake muffins at 400 for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean
We made mini sized and regular, so the amount that you can produce will vary on your muffin tin size. Adjust baking time accordingly.
I’m positive these would freeze well, so bake up plenty! To freeze just place them on a cookie sheet (single layer), pop in freezer until frozen, then into baggies. Thaw in fridge and microwave until warm.
I would say they were a hit! A picky 7 year old and a teething 13 month old enjoyed lunch! Woo hoo!