These DIY Candy Cane Snowmen Treats make for a fun weekend treat or even a classroom goodie! You’ll have fun making these AND eating them! Be careful when upwrapping the candies so you don’t eat too many or your snowmen will be hatless!
- 1 package of large marshmallows
- 2 packages of 12 ct candy canes
- Wilton white frosting, located in the Wilton section at major retailers and craft stores with tips (you can find the Wilton tips right next to the frosting)
- 1 package of black & white sandwich cookies
- 1 package of mini M&M baking pieces, located in the baking aisle, however if you cannot find them grab a few package of the regular mini M&M's near the checkout area at major retailers
- Multiple mugs/short glasses to stand the snowmen up in to set
- Open all the candy canes and 24 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and set aside.
- Carefully remove the tops of the black & white sandwich cookies. Feel free to eat the bottoms as you only need the tops (without the cream filling).
- Slide 3 marshmallows onto each candy cane and set aside. Repeat until you've used all the candy canes.
- Using the Wilton frosting – add the smaller tip onto the end. Gently squeeze the frosting out. Use the mini M&M baking pieces as eyes, a nose and some buttons. Repeat with each snowman and set aside so the frosting sets and acts like glue for their body parts.
- Once all the snowmen are set up you can attach their hats and this is where the mugs and short glasses comes into play. You will want to stand them up so the hats 'set'.
- Gently squeeze a dollop of white frosting onto the top of the snowman's head and add one black & white sandwich cookie top. Next, put a small dollop of white frosting to the top of each mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and place it top down in the middle of the black & white sandwich cookie.
- Set the snowman standing up in the mug/short glass and allow him to set.
- Repeat with all your snowmen.
*Makes approximately 24 servings. 1 Snowman = 1 serving.