There are so many great kitchen gadgets and small appliances out there, but the air fryer is probably one of the coolest to have! These beautiful air fryer fried pickles are fresh from an air fryer, not a pan of oil or the oven! They are crisp and tart and the perfect appetizer for any party or gathering you are having.
Fried pickles are such a crowd pleaser and make for such a great party appetizer. The air fryer makes them even easier, so if you don’t own one, I highly suggest you get one! You can do just about anything in it and everything turns out crispy and not greasy.
Homemade air fryer fried pickles
- 1 jar of pickles ( Kosher dill) - these can be whole or sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 container of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Remove pickles from the jar and dry off using a paper towel or dish towel.
- If pickles are whole, slice them into ¼ in - ½ in slices.
- Next, make your egg wash using ½ cup milk and 1 egg. Mix together.
- Place ¼ - ½ of the container of bread crumbs into a bowl.
- Dip the pickle slices or spears into the egg wash, ensuring both sides are coated.
- Now, place the pickle into the bread crumbs. Once coated on one side, flip to coat the other side.
- Use the oil to coat on the basket to prevent sticking.
- Place all breaded pickles into basket and place basket inside the cooker.
- Set temperature to 392 and set timer to 15 minutes.
- Be sure to flip the pickles half way thru and ALWAYS read fryer directions before using.
- Once timer rings, remove basket CAREFULLY and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Serving Size:4 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1011mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g