If I could take every sugar scrub and lip scrub that I’ve made and place them on a display – think rustic looking wooden plank shelves – I would have a rainbow! And the smell? It would be magical. This Raspberry Sugar Scrub would be a perfect addition to that collection of exfoliating scrubs.
I think you’ll really like these recipes as they are “portioned” to make just one jar or container. That way, you can make it for yourself or you can double-triple-quadruple the ingredients to make larger batches for gifts. Make sure you visit my other DIY Beauty posts for more sugar scrubs!
DIRECTIONS FOR BODY SCRUB
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the coconut oil until melted, about 20-30 seconds.
2. Add the sugar to the melted coconut oil and stir until mixed.
3. Add 2 drops of pink food coloring for a soft pink color.
4. Add 5-10 drops of raspberry extract.
5. Store in an air-tight container.
INGREDIENTS FOR DIY EXFOLIATING RASPBERRY SUGAR LIP SCRUB (yields one small lip container)
1 T granulated sugar
1 T honey
1 t virgin olive oil
1 t Vaseline
1-3 drops raspberry extract
1 drop pink food coloring
DIRECTIONS FOR LIP SCRUB
1. In a small bowl, add the sugar and honey and mix until combined.
2. Add the olive oil to the sugar mixture and mix until combined.
3. Add the Vaseline and mix well.
4. Add the raspberry extract. The number of drops you use will depend on your preferred scent.
5. Add 1 drop of pink food coloring.
6. Store in an airtight container.
HOW TO USE LIP SCRUB
1. Rub scrub onto your lips.
2. Rinse with water.
3. Apply lip balm.
4. Feel the softness!